Rocks and Minerals

At the beginning of the year, we always do a unit on Rocks and Minerals. Last year, I wrote this post on some activities that we did. I have revamped the unit a little bit and wanted to share with you all! 


I also created the science notebook tape in to go along with the first lesson! You will notice there are two pages of the same thing and then the teacher resource page. When you print for your students, you want to print pages 1-2 only (not the teacher resource page) and choose the option multiple pages per sheet. It will then print both pages on one sheet so you can cut the in half and tape them into the journals.



Click the pictures to download the files.




I will be posting more of the resources soon, but this is a good start! If you need any of the flipcharts or have questions about the unit, please feel free to email me at glauren4556@gmail.com.

6 comments:

  1. These are great!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Dana
    3rd Grade Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much! I love this unit and will be using it here in GA in two weeks.
    Sue
    3rd grade DSES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginger! I was messaging to see if you might share the flipcharts/powerpoints/notes pages that are mentioned in the above plans?

    Isabel
    3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I will be using this unit next week, and I really appreciate how specific each lesson you've created is. Thanks for sharing!

    Alex
    4th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thanks for the info. I was wondering if you'd share the powerpoint/flipcharts as well. Thanks sooooooo much in advance.

    Laura iluvteaching@verizon.net K-2 science

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I was wondering if you could email me your flip chart & PowerPoint? My email is schubertl@sherrard.us . I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher