Fractions

I've been trying to plan a unit on fractions today and I scoured the internet looking for songs or chants to help teach my students how to remember what a fraction is, but to no avail.

So, I wrote my own song to the tune of "Three Blind Mice"

Fractions

Fractions are fun.
Fractions are fun.

Many parts of one.
Many parts of one.

The numerator's the top one.
The denominator's on bottom.

Fractions are fun.
Fractions are fun.

Do you guys know any other cute chants, songs, or ideas to help teach fractions? This tends to be a very difficult concept for children to grasp so any and all advice is welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I always find that visuals work really well. I think the song idea is great too! I used an idea from a lakeshore catalog last year and just made my own food item fractions then put magnets on the back so they would be large, colorful visuals to use on the board.

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher