Free Fonts, Egg-speriments, and Shake Breaks!

This chick has been a BUSY BUSY bee!! I have been trying to post for like a week, but just can't seem to find the time!! I have been up to a lot and want to share a few things!

First up, OUR WHOLE SCHOOL (teachers that is) GOT iPADS!! How cool is that!??!! I have been dying to get one and now I don't have to! Each teacher only got one, so I have to get creative with how to use it in the classroom. =) 

I have also been waiting to get one so that I could download the app, iFontmaker, and create my own fonts! Sooo, that's pretty much the first thing I did when I got it...I might have been doing that during one of my planning period at school! SHHHH! Don't tell!!

Anyway, they are all free and can be downloaded right from my sidebar underneath where it says fonts. Here is what they look like!


I have actually added two more since creating the picture above and they are also in my side bar for your downloading pleasure! =)

Click the button below to view my terms of use!


I also used my iPad this week to video our Egg Float Egg-speriment! The kids absolutely loved it! I could only upload 15 minutes of the video so you won't get to see the very end -- it's only 16 minutes so you don't miss much, but this lesson is a great way to introduce the Scientific Method! Check it out below! I know it's kind of long, but it's so neat to see the progression of the lesson from the outside! I might also develop a slight stutter during one part, so please forgive me!! HAHA



UGH!! My arms look so fat in that video! Eek!! lol

And finally, I finished my SHAKE Break file! Remember I told you about this guy??


Well, instead of having a regular ole dance party shake break, I thought it would be TOTALLY awesome to have a Disco Party and turn on the colored disco ball for two minutes while they break it down!! Hopefully, I don't get in trouble for this one...lol

Anyway, here is the complete file! There are 42 Shake Breaks included with directions for each one! P.S. Shake Breaks are just my version of Brain Breaks. 


 I cannot wait to print these bad boys off tomorrow and start using them! I plan on incorporating them with my WBT scoreboard! I will still use the brain breaks as necessary in class, but I have a feeling the students will be begging for more so I think if I link it to the scoreboard, they will totally work their little butts off to earn one! They will try to earn a Shake Break instead of 1 minute of extra recess for the scoreboard game.

You can get this file for $3.50 at either one of shops by clicking below!


And don't forget about the Carolina Blogger Meet Up! Please go visit Hope's FB event to RSVP so we can get an accurate head count! Just click the picture below to head over.


35 comments:

  1. You know I am so going to use your fonts! I LOVE them! I too told my hubby I want an IPad so I can make fonts! haha! Maybe I will get one!

    Love your shake breaks! How are you going to use it with WBT? Every time they get a point? or at the end of the day if they win?


    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers
    I am having a MEGA giveaway, come check it out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! I just updated that part! Apparently I didn't explain it! =) They will work to earn an "extra" brain break as part of the scoreboard game instead of extra recess or no homework.

      Delete
    2. Sounds awesome! I was thinking the same thing! I can't wait to use it!

      Delete
  2. Loooooove your fonts!! I've been desperately wanting to download ifont maker on our ipad, too, but haven't yet!
    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you guys got iPads!! How cool. Thanks for the fonts! :) They are great.

    mrsthigpenskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fontabulous Fonts! I am using them...tonight. Thanks for sharing :)
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fonts. We are getting iPads soon and I am so excited! Thanks for sharing your work! I'm going to check out your Shake Breaks now!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love your iPad! If your school needs training, I can do it. I've been training teachers and faculties all summer! I have some ideas for you as well. Just shoot me an email and we can meet up and chat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new fonts. I had to download before I even finished reading the rest of your blog.

    I just bought a Disco Ball at Target today on clearance. I am having a Rock Star Day but it would be a great thing to do as a Brain Break.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that fontmaker app is so cool! Now I really wish I had an iPad!

    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fonts! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fonts! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ginger love the fonts. You need to make a tutorial on how to use ifont maker. I can't seem to figure it out. I know it is supposed to be easy and I consider myself tech savvy .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just exactly how brilliant are you?

    WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
    Debbie Clement

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fonts!

    Christina
    prec0ci0us~at~bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. What?! You can make fonts on the Ipad?! I had no idea! I'm excited to try it out.
    Ginger, I have one Ipad that I use with my students and it actually became one of my math station activities. I found a ton of math apps that the kids used to practice their math facts. They were verrrry careful with it and I never had any problems.

    The REAL Teachers of Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving your fonts. What an awesome surprise!!!! I'd love to get an ipad from my school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fonts! You are so lucky to get ipads!!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

    ReplyDelete
  17. You create some amazing stuff Ginger!! Just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the video:) We all (teachers) got iPads this summer and I'm loving mine. I haven't tried the font maker yet. I will have to give it a try :) Can't wait to meet up on the 15th!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for the new fonts! I am totally in love with them! And come check out my blog to see how I used your Genre TPT download in my classroom! They worked out so great! Thanks!!!
    Jessica
    Fabulous and Fun 4th Graders

    ReplyDelete
  20. These fonts are great, I look forward to using them in my resources from now on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE the fonts! Thanks so much for sharing them with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ginger, I love your fonts and I have to agree with one of your pistes above who said that you create amazing stuff! I know I'm prejudiced just a little bit but I really am proud of you. I also watched your video and was able to see you in action for the first time. For me, it was also amazing!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Mom! YOU are the best! Can't wait to see you today!

      Delete
  23. Love your fonts! Thanks for sharing. I made on font and my niece made one. They are both available for download on my blog on the sidebar. I would love for you to stop by. I love looking at all of your stuff. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Grade 2 Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am LOVING your fonts. I think my favorite is Ginger Handwriting. Not too fancy,but gives my handouts that extra something look!
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved your video of the egg experiment to practice the scientific method. Do you have a copy, or could you e mail me a copy of the recording sheet you have them put in their Science notebook?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your fonts are ADORABLE!!! Thank you for sharing them:)!!!

    I'd love to see where I could subscribe to your posts. Do you have that available!! You rock, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. hello
    I'm from Chile and I loved the idea about SHAKE BREAK
    But do not know how or where to buy it.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks and blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can purhcase them at this link! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Shake-Breaks-for-the-Classroom-318687

      Delete

Treats for the Teacher