I am so thankful!

Rachelle over at What the Teacher Wants is hosting her first ever Linky Party to share what you are thankful for! And I have a lot to be thankful for!!


1.  What are you thankful for in your classroom?

In my classroom, I am most thankful for my students. Without them, where would I be?? I don't only teach them, they teach me everyday also and even though I sometimes forget what their lives may be like when they are at home, I always show them that I care (even if they have been driving me insane!) 

I am also thankful for the technology that I have been blessed with in my school. We have Promethean Boards in every classroom and Activ Expressions (which I use religiously). They help me assess students immediately and their question results pop right up on my board.


We have access to all other sorts of things that I think all teachers should have! But those are the ones I am most thankful for!

I am also thankful for a decent sized classroom! I like not feeling cramped when I walk around the room and it's just open enough that it makes it look comfortable!


2. What person are you most thankful for?



I am most thankful for my mom! She is the most amazing person I know. When I'm in a pinch, she's always there and she always knows just what to say when I am down. Love you mom!!


3. What 3 blogs are you most thankful for?

Oh geez, this is going to be a tough one. There are so many fabulous teacher blogs out there but if I had to narrow it down, here are my top 3 in random order:

1) Ladybug's Teacher Files - There are so many reasons I love her blog! She has such cute resources and she created my blog design! =)


2) The Inspired Apple - Even though she teaches firsties, she has sooo many ideas that I adapt for my third graders! She has inspired me to be more cutesy!


3) 2nd Grade Shenanigans - This girl just blows me away with her creativity! I would lying if I said I wasn't jealous of her genius teacher mind! Sooo many FAB ideas over there!


4. What guilty pleasure are you most thankful for?


I LOVE to read futuristic dystopian novels! ALL the time! Any time I get a chance to sit down and read, I am thankful!! After I read the Hunger Games, it became my new favorite genre of literature. That's pretty ironic because those books are all young adult novels! So, if you need any book suggestions, just let me know!! Here are just a few!






And I actually just started reading this one. A colleague of mine suggested it since we have similar tastes in books!


5. What are you most thankful for?

 I am most thankful for time with my friends and family no matter what we are doing and Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for that very reason.

If you want to participate, just head over to What the Teacher Wants and copy the questions to your blog! Then, link up your post to her blog post! 

6 comments:

  1. Have you read the Scott Westerfield series with Pretties, Uglies, and Specials? They're super good! I'm hoping to get Maze Runner for Christmas and LOVED The City of Ember!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog name! I love it! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today. I'm now your newest follower! I have a Promethean board and Activotes in my First grade class and can't live without them! So glad to have found you in bloggy land!
    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Divergent, The City of Ember, and The Uglies Series. Looks like I have some new books to add to my list. Thank you.
    Life with Mrs. L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard the Divergent is good....but I'm a lover of the Hunger Games and I would feel like I was cheating....what do you think???

    Thanks for linking up girl!!!!
    -RAchelle
    What The Teacher Wants

    ReplyDelete
  5. The city of Ember is an AWESOME book!! Have you read Among the Hidden? It is a series as well. The first book is a MUST even if you don't read the others!!

    ReplyDelete

Treats for the Teacher