As I was planning today, I came upon a fun little math game to reinforce math facts for any operation. It is called, "Squat and Score," and it goes like this:
1. Divide the class into 2, 3, or 4 teams. The students who are not working on the board will work on their white boards at their seats that way everyone is participating.
2. The first player from each team goes to the board.
3. The teacher will call out a fact.
4. Each player writes and works out the problem on the board.
5. When he/she thinks she is done and the problem is correct, they squat down. After the player squats, they cannot make any changes to their problem.
6. The first student who squats and gets the answer correct will win a point for their team.
7. Play for any amount of time. The team with the highest number of points wins!
I haven't actually tried this game yet, as I just stumbled upon this in one of my resource folders, but it sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to try it. We are about to start working on division, so I plan on incorporating this into my math plans starting next week.
What games do you all use to reinforce math facts? I need some more fun and unique ideas for reinforcing division!